Adjunct Faculty, History
- Specialty Areas
- Early Colonial America & the American Revolution. American Westward Movement - 1607 to 1890. America West of the Mississipi - 1800 to 1890. American Slavery - 1609 to 1856. The American Civil War. The Great War 1914-1918. World War II 1931-1945. Understanding the Holocaust - Church Dogma to Mass Murder.
- Courses Taught
- Early America - 1492 to 1865. U.S. History - 1865 to 1945. Understanding the Holocaust. Scouts and Spies of the Middle Ground The Indian Wars East of the Mississippi.
- Phi Theta Kappa - Rock Valley College. Phi Alpha Theta - Northern Illinois University, Upper Division High Honors in History - Northern Illiois University. Golden Key Award in History - NIU History Dept. Best Historical Interpretation Award - McHenry County Concervation District.
- Reenacting the French & Indian War 1754-7161 - to be more specific - the School of Ranging Service Rogers Cadet Company Sept. 1757 to Feb.1758. Teaching Hunter Safety Large and Small game hunting using a muzzleloading firearm. Building smoothbore muskets - especially the Gregg & Cunningham Fusil. I have written several articles for history based magazines. These articles are about those lesser known pieces of American history. Researching history at historical societies and research libraries.
- What I like most about SVCC
- As a new instructor at SVCC I am very impressed with the respect, camaraderie, support, and the enthusiasm from all the faculty and support personnel that I have met so far.
- My wife and I have a new grand-daughter and we enjoy every minute we can with her. My wife, Suzanne, is a Master Quilt Instructor, Master Quilting Judge, and a Master Quilt Appraiser, who has written several history articles for Quilt magazines and has presented several history seminars about the history of Quilts in America.